The programme duration is 48 hours and the tuition is face to face based on the NQF notional hours.
ICB Programme in Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
Why choose this field
This programme is for learners who are responsible for controlling the finances of a small business, or who are responsible for the bookkeeping aspect of financial management in organisations.
This programme is endorsed by the ICB and covers the Bookkeeping to Trial Balance component of the unit standards required for the following:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping NQF L3 (SAQA ID: 58375)
- Bookkeeping NQF L4 (SAQA ID: 58376)
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Accounting at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
All books are included in the tuition fee.
The learners who complete the qualification could pursue a career as a/an:
- Junior Bookkeeper
- Accounting Clerk
- Debtors and Creditors Clerk
- Upon successful completion of the module, the learner will receive an ICB letter of results to prove their competency achieved in the ICB Programme in Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Please note: Learners will receive an ICB programme completion certificate only when they become competent in all the modules that make up a qualification (e.g. Certificate of Completion: ICB Junior Bookkeeping Programme). Furthermore, all ICB qualification certificates and diplomas will be awarded by FASSET.
**Whenever CTC offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, CTC registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.
Upon enrolment, learners will have to pay a once-off Registration Fee with the ICB.