The programme duration is 48 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours.
ICB Programme in Business Literacy
Why choose this field
This programme is endorsed by the ICB and covers the outcomes of the fundamental unit standards required for the following:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping (SAQA ID: 58375)
- FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (SAQA ID: 58376)
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management (SAQA ID:48736)
Learners will register for this programme should they wish to obtain any of the abovementioned qualifications, as well as any other qualification that includes the same unit standards. This learning area is designed to equip the learner with the basic numerical and communication skills required to operate effectively in business.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF 3/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 3/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member
All books are included in the tuition fee.
Learners who have completed these unit standards, together with other relevant ICB programmes, will be able to pursue a career in the accounting/entrepreneurial fields.
- Upon successful completion of the module, the learner will receive an ICB letter of results to prove their competency achieved in the ICB Programme in Business Literacy
- Please note learners will receive an ICB programme completion certificate, only when they become competent in all the modules that make up a qualification (e.g. Certificate of Completion: ICB Junior Bookkeeping Programme). Furthermore, all ICB qualification certificates and diplomas will be awarded by FASSET
**Whenever CTC offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, CTC registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.
Upon enrolment, learners will have to pay a once-off Registration Fee with the ICB.