The programme duration is 48 hours and the tuition is face to face based on the NQF notional hours.
ICB Programme in Computerised Bookkeeping
Why choose this field
It is essential that a Bookkeeper is able to work effectively on a computer. Learners must demonstrate this competence in basic business computing and a computerised accounting package. This programme will include the completion of the monthly bookkeeping cycle on Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
This programme is designed to prepare learners, who are competent in basic computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, for completing the ICB Computerised Bookkeeping Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) and summative assessment/exam.
This programme is endorsed by the ICB and covers the outcomes of the unit standards required for the following:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping (SAQA ID: 58375)
- FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (SAQA ID: 58376)
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial management (SAQA ID:48736)
It is required that the learner is competent in basic computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
All books are included in the tuition fee.
Learners, who complete these unit standards, will be able to pursue a career as a/an:
- Data Capturer
- Accounts Clerk
- Debtors Clerk
- Creditors Clerk
- Upon successful completion of the module, the learner will receive an ICB letter of results to prove their competency achieved in the ICB Programme in Computerised Bookkeeping.
- Please note learners will receive an ICB programme completion certificate, only when they become competent in all the modules that make up a qualification (e.g. Certificate of Completion: ICB Junior Bookkeeping Programme). Furthermore, all ICB qualification certificates and diplomas will be awarded by FASSET
**Whenever CTC offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, CTC registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.
Upon enrolment, learners will have to pay a once-off Registration Fee with the ICB.