Electrical Engineering is the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. Electrical Engineers study the uses of electricity and equipment for power generation and distribution. This dynamic field involves the design of electronic circuits and the development of systems such as aircraft autopilots and state-of-the-art computers. Micro-electronics, the manufacture and repair of products like computers, microwaves and control systems, also falls within the sphere of Electrical Engineering.
National Certificate in Electrical Engineering N3
Why choose this field
Grade 11 with Mathematics and Science.
Study guides will be provided.
Students who are technically and practically orientated will be ideal for this course. Scientific curiosity, mathematical capability, creativity, diligence, perseverance and integrity are some of the characteristics one must possesses for this course of study. The engineering profession consists of three distinct career groups namely the:
- Technician and Technologist
Students may pursue further studies in the Engineering Faculty.
- Number of modules for study – subject to choice of the individual student
- The duration for the completion of the National N Diploma (part time) is relative to each student
- Mode of instruction: Tuition is face to face
- Choice of modules to facilitate credits towards a qualification: National Certificate and/or National N Diploma
- Saturday classes: 08:00-14:00
Students must make provision for additional costs such as textbooks, stationery, examination rewrites and certificates.