Mechanical Engineering involves the design and development of machinery, ranging from simple mechanisms up to more complex machines. The process of Mechanical Engineering includes the planning and designing of these structures, as well as operating and maintaining them. Mechanical Engineers use an understanding of core concepts such as kinetics and thermodynamics (application of heat and mechanical power) to create and analyse a wide variety of machines and processes.
National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering N3
Why choose this field
Grade 11 with Mathematics and Science.
Study guides will be provided.
Students who are technically and practically orientated will be ideal for this course. Scientific curiosity, mathematical capability, creativity, diligence, perseverance and integrity are some of the characteristics one must possesses for this course of study. The engineering profession consists of three distinct career groups namely the:
- Technician and Technologist
On successful completion of the programme, you will receive a National Certification in Engineering Studies:
- NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: N3
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Certificates and diplomas are conferred by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and Universities.
Students may pursue further studies in the Engineering Faculty.
- Number of modules for study – subject to choice of the individual student
- The duration for the completion of the National N Diploma (part time) is relative to each student
- Mode of instruction: Tuition is face to face
- Choice of modules to facilitate credits towards a qualification: National Certificate and/or National N Diploma
- Saturday classes: 08:00-14:00
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, re-write examinations.