Minimum of three years with 18 months in-service training.
National N Diploma in Educare
|Duration: Minimum 3 Years|
|Attendance: Part time|
|NQF Level 5, N4-N6|
Why choose this field
Educare and Child Day Care has become a rewarding and profitable career in South Africa, considering that most households now need additional incomes. This industry is growing rapidly and the demand for child care personnel and entrepreneurs in this field will increase.
Senior Certificate or National Senior Certificate or relevant NATED N3 qualification.
Study guides will be provided.
Once you have completed Educare N6 at Central Technical College, you will be equipped to apply for positions in the following fields:
- Day Care Management
- Child Care Teacher Assistance
- Au Pair
- Early Childhood Development
On successful completion of the programme, you will receive a National Certification in Educare.
- *NATIONAL CERTIFICATE AT EACH LEVEL: N4, N5, N6
- *NATIONAL N DIPLOMA (on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months in-service training).
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Certificates and diplomas are conferred by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities.
- Number of modules for study – subject to choice of the individual student.
- The duration for the completion of the National N Diploma (part time) is relative to each student.
- Mode of instruction: Tuition is face to face.
- Choice of modules to facilitate credits towards a qualification: National Certificate and/or National N Diploma.
- Saturday classes: 08:00-14:00
A minimum of three years and 18 months in-service training. Programmes are offered on Saturdays.
Students may pursue further studies in the Faculty of Management and Humanities at a University of Technology.
Students must make provision for additional costs such as textbooks, stationery, examination rewrites and certificates.